There are many major and minor bugs with Tags that cause confusion. I think it would be great if someone from the Anytype team could share the vision of how tags should work so we can all submit bugs towards that vision. Secondly, I will list several tag-related bugs in different categories.
The most important category is “Tag storage and retrieval”, meaning: creating new tags (name and color) and seeing those created tags back as suggestions in the right place with the correct properties (correct name and color).
- Minor: Tags sometimes seem to popup in the wrong Relation
Tags memorized within a relation seem inconsitent - #13 by Oshyan
Tags are not relation specific - #9 by Kite
- Minor: Tag colors are not saved properly and sometimes jump back to their previous state
Tag colors are reverting back to their original colors
- Major: Tag names seem to have the same issue
Renamed tags revert back to their original form
- Major: Deleting tags deletes those tags from existing tagged Objects, but the tag itself is not deleted
Tag options cannot be deleted from the dropdown menu
Also important, but maybe less than the storage of tags (?) is working with Tags in Sets (adding, removing, editing).
- Major: when a Set is sorted on tags, adding multiple tags in one “go” causes the incorrect tags to be added to the incorrect Objects
Changing tags in set view changes tags from other pages
- Minor: Sorting on Tags in a Set does not work properly in general (checking whether these topics are duplicates or not)
Sorting set by Tag or Status orders objects incorrectly
Sort setting on 'Tag' relations not obeyed by Grid view in Sets - #6
Sorting tag type relations does not work in sets - #2 by Kirill_Lem
- Minor: editing a new Tag during the creation process only works with the keyboard
Cursor cannot be moved in the Tag Relation field and always jumps to the start
- Minor: there is always a space in the Tag Relation field before adding your first tag
There is always a space in certain Relation fields - #2 by kerbless
- Minor: menu to add a partially typed tag remains after clicking an existing tag
Minor bug when adding tags by typing partial string then clicking on desired tag - #6 by sambouwer
Please link any other issues I’ve missed in a post below and I’ll update my post!