Changing tags in set view changes tags from other pages

Unfortunately, I just ruined all my tags from a bunch of pages :frowning:
Describe the bug

• Changing tags in set view changes tags from other pages
    When I changed tags from page A, I realized that I changed tags from page B. Trying to fix it just made it worse. Now I have about 20 pages with completely false tags… It seemed like after changing some tags of a page via the set view, the page jumps somewhere else because the set is sorted via tags. On the next page, I make some tag changes is then a different page changed as it is pictured.
  • Also I still can’t get rid of some tags created by myself

To Reproduce

1. Create a set with tagged pages
  2. Tag some pages starting with a similar tag
  3. Sort the set via tag order
  4. Change some tags

Expected behavior

• Changing tags shouldn’t mess up tags of other pages
  • Created tags should be deletable

System Information:

• Windows 11 Anytype Version 0.23.5

Additional context

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t get, how changing tags on object A changed tags on object B. Could you give an exact example or maybe make a video?

I try to make a video soon.

1 Like

@XxxBalCion do you mean that yo have a set where you sort on tags, and changing those tags causes the sorting to change? So, if you don’t notice this, if you edit the same “line” in the Set (for example, the third from above) you are potentially editing a different Object every time.

No I actually was changing a tag called “white” via set view from a document called “A” but instead it changed the tag from a different document to “white” this happened a few times and I ended up with completely wrongs tags for my pages. Trying to fix it just made it worse.

I played around a bit with the tags in my set, but couldn’t reproduce that. If possible please make a video.

1 Like

@XxxBalCion I think I get what you mean, and man, it is confusing :stuck_out_tongue:

Is this what you mean?

Note the start state:

Object Untitled tagged with Test
Object Test page for tag scope tagged Relation Tag 2
Object tag scope test tagged Relation Tag 1

Actions (at least what I expected to be doing):

1. Add tag Test to Object tag scope test
  2. Add tag Relation Tag 2 to Object tag scope test

End result:
Object Untitled tagged with Test (as expected)
Object Test page for tag scope tagged Relation Tag 2, Test, Relation Tag 1 (NOT as expected: I did not intend to add Relation Tag 1 and Test to this Object)
Object tag scope test tagged Relation Tag 1, Test (NOT as expected: Relation Tag 2 is missing)

2 Likes

Yes it was something like that. I just ended up with different tags for multiple pages.

1 Like

Yeah, that is what I got, too. This was just a test, but I can imagine this can mess up your tagged Objects real quick.

2 Likes

That’s a weird one. It’s like cut/copy/paste command got criss-crossed with adding additional tags to different pages. Is it happening only when adding multiple tags?

I think it only happens when adding multiple tags in succession. Because of this bug, the right way to add tags is to add one, then look up the object in the set again as it might have moved to a new location in the view, and then add the next tag there. Haven’t tested this yet with removing tags.

1 Like

I had the same feeling. After an object jumped to another location (because I added a tag) the next objects I tagged weren’t the ones that were displayed.