To our dear community:
Thanks for your support as we put together this release. A lot of love (and testing) went into it, and we hope you’ll enjoy this update. Now, time to kick off your 2023 Anytyping with a clean, productive slate by clearing the clutter from your account!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS RELEASE:
Deletion & Modification of Types and Relations
We heard you loud & clear - starting with this update, it’s now possible to remove & modify both pre-installed and custom-made Types & Relations from the Library. Any modifications you make will be reflected in Objects which have already used these Types & Relations.
Introduction of Marketplace
In case you’re wondering where all of those pre-installed Types & Relations have gone, they’re now conveniently stored in the Marketplace for both existing & new users to install to your account (and eventually add your own). Access the Marketplace from the new ‘Marketplace’ tab in the Library.
Set by Relation
Step 1 towards making Sets more flexible: Set by Relation! Sets are no longer just limited to Types; you can now create Sets by filtering for Objects which share a given Relation. You can now create Sets by filtering for Objects which share a certain Relation. Quick hack for anyone who wants an overview of all Objects in their account: Create a Set by Relation: Modified Date, and…ta-da!
Everything as an Object
…seriously, everything. Types & Relations are now their own Objects, meaning that it’s possible to create Relations and Sets of Types and…Relations. While you may already start experimenting with these features in the Library by opening each Type/Relation individually, this update also unblocks other highly-requested features such as grouping and tuning relation values.
QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
Multi-select, delete, & link from Graph
Say goodbye to rogue Objects hanging around in your graph! It’s now possible to right-click on Objects in the Graph to open a menu of operations, including Delete & Link. Hit Shift + Click to multi-select and bulk-manage these Objects.
You now have an easy way to link Objects with each other, which doesn’t require editor blocks. Use the ‘Link to’ option in the Object 3-dots menu or in Graph to create direct links and quicker association between Objects.
Type creation on-the-fly
It’s now possible to create or install new Types in Editor without needing to visit the Library. Whether creating an Object for the first time or changing its Type, use the dropdown to turn your Objects into whatever’s top of mind.
Kanban groups syncing cross-device
Groups in Kanban are now correctly updating when changed from another device. Furthermore, if you add or delete any tags your Kanban will receive real-time updates!
Block navigation via arrow keys
Speed through document editing and review by jumping between blocks using your left and right arrow keys.
Copy button next to Anytype version
Bug reports just got that much easier - now, you can copy the version in one click by opening the Anytype → About Anytype window from the application menu.
Download button for image blocks
Any image block in your editor now shows a download icon on hover, in case you would like to download and save images previously added to your Objects.
Design update: Link & Bookmark Blocks
Link & bookmark blocks for URLs pasted from the web got a little facelift with this update - expect to see a small difference in font weights & favicons.
Design update: Read-only Relations in Sets (Grid View)
Relations which cannot be updated (for instance ‘Created by’ or ‘Creation Date’) now have a lock icon displayed to indicate that they cannot be edited.
For greater clarity on actions you’ve taken in Anytype, we’ve introduced toast notifications for certain operations such as linking between Objects or installing new Types and Relations.
Link blocks in text mode previews
It’s now possible to further customize how linked Objects in text mode appear in your editor. Click the orange handle next to the link block and choose Preview to play around with Description, Type, and/or Content in your Object preview.
- Fixed: ‘Edit URL Link’ modal window no longer jumps to top left corner. Thanks @gdbb!
- Fixed: ‘Create new Tag’ option now disappears once a Tag has been selected from dropdown. Thanks @sambouwer!
- Fixed: Copy/paste in relation editing component is now working
- Fixed: Drag’n’drop in Kanban is now updating to the correct position in the group
- Fixed: ⌘ + Return to navigate to homescreen now works correctly. Thanks @dzlg!
- Fixed: Hitting Tab from a simple table cell no longer skips a column. Thanks @Flip!
- Fixed: Time selector now handles timezones properly. Thanks @u74a8!
- Fixed: App updates are no longer possible when pin-code is locked. Thanks @sambouwer!
- Fixed: New selection marquee no longer draws in corner on click. Thanks @Erindale!
- Fixed: Closing Anytype on Mac while in fullscreen mode no longer causes an error. Thanks @ShukantP!
- Fixed: Menu no longer closes when clicking/hovering on ‘Select Relation Type’ while creating new Relations. Thanks @kerbless!
- Fixed: Search is no longer accessible from the tray menu when pin-code is locked. Thanks @sambouwer!
- Fixed: LaTex blocks now close correctly when clicking on another LaTex block. Thanks @Karthik!
- Fixed: Forward navigation button is now working properly. Thanks @gdbb!
- Fixed: Global search hotkey is now working correctly when search results are in focus. Thanks @Flip!
- Fixed: Using the keyboard to create an Object, then typing without clicking somewhere no longer edits the title of the parent Object. Thanks @Flip!
- Fixed: Search menu is now working correctly when coming back from another app using ⌘ + Tab. Thanks @dzlg!
- Fixed: Dividing grey line between columns no longer disappears on hover. Thanks @nikm07!
- Fixed: Search bar now works when navigation window is open. Thanks @dzlg!
- Fixed: Side mouse button now allows navigation in Settings window. Thanks @Poto!
- Fixed: Exact date filters in Sets are now working properly
- Fixed: Header no longer disappears when scrolling while an Object is opened in modal view. Thanks @gdbb!
- Fixed: Using the Del key to merge content between blocks now works consistently. Thanks @Flip!