🖌️ Improving Anytype UX: Redesigning Space, Account Interfaces and more

I like your post :slight_smile: . Nice work!
I don’t agree with everything (especially on issues that are more decorative than functional… for example, pixel art isn’t for me :smile:).
But since I regularly get annoyed with the interface (especially the account/space menus, which I currently use a lot), I approve of any post reminding the team that they REALLY need to get stuck in. Especially when it doesn’t affect the core or functionality… so it should be possible to do it in parallel with big projects or debugs, right?

Few things

  • A missing element : I think we must keep a clear list of all our space so you don’t have to open them one by one to look for or check something. Anytype provides one in its latest versions, so keep it (even in another form).

  • I think we must have only one settings menu. Agree with you, same UI for space and account, it’s oubvious.
    But more than that : we must be able to access the settings via a button or menu and have the account and spaces settings there. Not two different accesses, hidden in different parts of the app as at present, which suggests that the team likes riddles or treasure hunts :wink: .

  • Agree with Picker, there are many FR for this. You can extend this “gallery” to all object that can receive an image (banner, thumbnails, …).
    The use of tags is a very good idea (for when we already have the minimum function).


Pehaps move the Networks tab to Space settings. Not now, but for when (if…) we’ll be able to have spaces on different networks without having to change accounts.
In the meantime, I’m totally in favor of managing several accounts: I juggle between 3 accounts, and it’s a pain (especially as, once again, the way to log out is discouraging…). So a big +1 to this :


No opinion on the nav dock, although yes it takes up space on the display.
But for Space selection, I would just add this :

(and I don’t like this menu, some UX issues and too big but that’s a matter of taste, not ergonomics)