Hi @boring_Pete , thanks for sharing your first thoughts about Anytype!
I agree and so do some other people! Please check-out some related topics. A feature request to delete the default Types (and Relations):
A general discussion topic exists here (should maybe be converted into a feature request) where it is discussed whether it should be possible to change or delete (or hide/archive) default Templates:
If these feature requests are accepted and implemented it should allow you to edit/delete/hide/archive the Types, Relations, Templates you don’t like. I can imagine that your “problem” with the abundance of Types lies in the confusion it might cause for new users, so maybe we should create a new discussion topic to “vote” for Types (to keep them in, kick them out, or consolidate in useful Types).
I think two useful topics here to link are:
and
The first one requests the translation of the user interface and the second one is a request for translations (or maybe even aliases) for Types so you can find them in another language. I think the second one is closest to your request, but I wanted to incidate the translation of the interface is also a wish from the community.
I agree so much, also with your idea that (this?) makes Anytype feel messy. There are improvements being made to prevent “Untitled” Objects from being created unintentionally. For example, when using the + icon to create a new Object (either in the sidebar or from the Dashboard) there is no longer an Untitled Object created if you close the pop-up in which the new Object can be created. This unfortunately is not yet the case when creating new Objects from a Set.
One feature that was recently added to make it easier to batch delete Objects in a Set by multi-selecting them, but I think you are already referrring to that .
Great to hear! I think all the desired improvements you mention are already captured in existing feature requests.