Property type translation

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.

On this world, we have multiple languages. If this is a problem or not may you decide :slight_smile:

Describe the solution you’d like

Translation possibility of properties.

For example:

I want to add property “release date” to page content. The content of the page is german. Currently it looks like worng in place.

So translation would be nice :slight_smile:

Describe alternatives you’ve considered

Custom display name for each property type or page based

4 Likes

First of all, I would also appreciate if translation (once available) is applied to the default types and relations. In particular, I would then use the standard templates up until this point and there would be no need to create custom types in other languages (e.g., German) for everything.

However, I just wanted to point out that @endac once said in Telegram that translation/localization will be a topic for September and onwards. Maybe the requests concerning this topic should be bundled to make it easier for the devs to plan this next step in the evolution of anytype. For example, I think of [this post](Ability to change what language the app uses).

This can be very useful, especially when we have the possibility to publish our Objects online!

I imagine a complex Set where all properties could be translated by the viewers by simply selecting their language in a dropdown menu.

It seems rather complex to implement, but it would be innovative and useful.