Basic editor experience. Help needed!

Keyboard accessibility (Pictures)

I have a problem with not being able to access everything using keyboard. I think it is a good UX principle to be able to do that. For example, when I use the “/” sign to open up the commands pop-up menu, I can select everything using keyboard, but when I choose ‘Picture’ the message (placeholder) that comes up (“Paste a link or Upload a picture”) is no longer accessible via keyboard. I don’t understand why. I should be able to use the standard Tab key to jump to the “Upload a picture” link.

4 Likes

ToggledHeaders: H1, H2, H3. For me, this is essential for properly formatting a page or a document. Right now we can only use unformatted toggles. The best we can do is bold them but putting them in header format would be great too.

3 Likes

Some of the reasons why I don’t use Anytype for writing (even though I’d like to):

Improving Table is a must indeed… I am not using it in the current state…

• No ability to make different lines , bullet points, etc. inside
  • Inability to distribute columns or rows
  • Defining background colours is very cumbersome…

Allow us to make images just, simple, decoration… in other word not clickable :

Improve text display : Justify text + more colours (text & backgrounds) + Copy / Paste format.

I am desperate to see styles to be implemented (like Anton was sharing to be working on) : Life needs colour ! Let's add some contrast to Anytype's text! - #3 by GuipeL

Hello Anton,
I don’t know if your message applies to the android app also.
I’m unable to edit the time of a date relation in the app. I can set the date but not the time.

Thank you!

Ability to Display Tags by Colour, then Alphabetical Order … or just alphabetical order…

The current situation is a mess honestly :

Ability to see all Tags in a page header when your mouse hovers them :

From this :

To this :

Be able to choose to change the Look & Feel of Relations when inserted in a page :

Currently, all I can do is to display the field AND its label @ I am not able to change the field colour or text size (:nauseated_face:)
Example :

I would like to be able to chose if I want the label to be displayed OR NOT & I would LOOOVE to be able to modify the look of the field text. (:drooling_face:)
Example :

Display Collections & Sets like real tables
Only then, together with the request above, would we be able to really make interesting content with pages that have relations & recap tables on another page within a Set !

1 Like

I have an FR about Appearance for Relations, though it doesn’t include editing the texts itself, only the display options for the labels:

So, there are a looot of comments here. I didn’t read them all, but the things I would like to see improved, seem to have been covered.
The only thing I didn’t see, and it surprises me a lot is a multiple selection for text.
Something like this:
That way, we could format text more quickly.
I don’t want to repeat requests, but I’d like to emphasize something that was previously mentioned: The ability to apply text formatting, and then write with it, instead of having to go back to apply that formatting. This is what most text editors do, and I would guess this is the expected behaviour for most users.
I know there’s markdown, and that (as an example,) adding “**” at the start and end of the text I want to bold achieves the same result, but I’m used to using CTRL+B for that, as that’s what works with pretty much every software that works with text.

1 Like
1 Like

Improve the display of blocks :

• Easily modifying the padding & margin values : going through the current css stylesheets with devtools is a nightmare for non developers
    ( sometimes, it just doesn’t look right, the space between blocks on a same line is too big )
    ( I don’t understand why the space between separating a line with 2 ‘inline’ blocks is bigger than the space separating lines that have only 1 block )

• Make it easy to keep inline blocks width constant so that it stays coherent along the page …
    (Either by being able to define the width value of a block in px or by being able to “snap” blocks width… dunno how you would do it…)

1 Like

Hi @anton :wave:t3:

The integration of a Table of content / outline navigation on the side would be very helpful. I have linked the feature request from @cmdaltctr , he initiated the whole thing and has already thought about it a lot more. There you will also find a video on possible implementation.

After selecting some lines by drawing a rectangle frame around them, I would like to convert them in a list or to perform other modifications (background color etc.) by using the right mouse key.

It was be nice to have a way to ‘continue numbering’ after a break in numbered item lists.

Without this, later numbered items are either improperly indented or restart at 1

4 Likes

@jkeebu simply press Shift + Enter (instead of only Enter) at the fist line’s end.
The second line will have the same intend as the first one.