Anytype Desktop 0.36.0 Released 🚀

Buckle up, Anytypers! This month’s release presents a power lineup of features designed to level up your space game. It’s so big in fact, that it requires you to install the updated version on all devices before you begin using it, because backwards compatibility is not guaranteed between versions. Kindly remember to take this step before playing with the new feature set, and as always - we hope you enjoy!

Download latest platform versions here.

:gem: HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS RELEASE

• Multi-Spaces are Here!

Spaces were first introduced in June of this year as a container for your graph of objects. From today’s release onwards, you’ll be able to level up your space game by creating separate spaces, each with their own graph of objects, widget sidebar, and eventually - privacy settings.

Simply click your profile picture to create new spaces, or navigate between existing ones. Use the space management menu at the top of your sidebar to customize your space settings or delete your space. For now, your account is limited to 10 spaces.

• Calendar View for Sets & Collections

You asked, we listened - the most popular feature request from our forums is now live! Calendar view has been added as a new view option to sets and collections. To display objects in your calendar, you must select a Date relation to group your objects such as: Creation Date, Due Date, or any custom date relation.

:zap: QUALITY-OF-LIFE IMRPOVEMENTS

• Widget Creation via Drag n’ Drop

As a quick solution for creating new widgets, you can now drag & drop linked and mentioned objects from your editor, or objects displayed in sets and collections, directly into the sidebar.

• New Template Picker in Object Creation Flow

Upon creating any new object, you’ll no longer see a popup window to prompt template selection. Rather, your default template will be applied. If you wish to change it, you can use the template picker on the top of the editor, which will disappear once you begin adding content to the body of the object.

• Search function added to Sets & Collections

Using the new search button in sets and collections (the magnifying glass next to the filter menu), you can now search for objects whose names match your search terms.

• Updated Default Template Selection Flow for Sets & Collections

The selection menu for default templates according to set & collection views has been moved from the view settings menu. To select your default template, click the down caret arrow next to the ‘New’ button and choose the template you’d like to apply to the view using the three-dots menu.

• Onboarding Updates

We’ve simplified the sequencing, copy, and text explainers for the new-user onboarding flow.

• Import Improvements

We’ve made several important improvements to the Notion import via API, including: import of tags, database views, custom icons, and video and audio files.

:computer: TECH

• Electron updated to 0.25.0

:bug: BUG FIXES

• Fixed: Value in the last cell of a row no longer disappears when using right arrow key. Thanks, sambouwer!
48 Likes

So great! Happy Anytype is developing in the right direction :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Let’s go!! :star_struck::star_struck:

Any ETA for the mobile versions?

2 Likes

On their way today!!

6 Likes

Search function added to Sets & Collections

Oh hell yes!! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

3 Likes

Does this search for titles only, or the object text too?

Thanks for the update!! Cheers for the whole team :slight_smile:

1 Like

Object text too!

6 Likes

well done, team! :star_struck:
having multiple spaces is a game changer. can’t wait for them to evolve into shared spaces next year… :ringer_planet:

6 Likes

Great update. Quick question though:

I have a lot of relations showing in the calendar view of all objects. When I set creation date it shows them all on the 6th of november this year (which is not correct btw).

Is there a way to filter out relations from this view? If I say Object Type is not empty they show. However is I set filter to Has any of and then select ALL object types they dont show, see below. Is this a bug?

Also not that those Types shown on the 6th and 13th are NOT created on that date as well.

1 Like

Had these questions too. And also it seems it’s sadly not possible to create objects from the calendar. Is this a bug or intended? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

To me it looks like it works. You get a new object at the current date.

2 Likes

There is a filter for calendar view:

1 Like

Ahhh I was trying to double click on different dates, to create objects on said dates.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to do that to. I provided some feedback to calendar view during the pre-release testing, maybe they will add that functionality in the future.

1 Like

Thank you for giving us a new update.

Preliminary feedback on multi-space:

• I hope it would be easier to move/copy/transfer objects between spaces. Even if not mobile objects, batch exports of specified objects (e.g. all objects in set) would help moving objects between space.
  • On desktop, it would be great if the focused space/window is more obvious
  • Space switching shortcut allows switching when there is only one window.
  • I contemplate if object types and relation types (aka library) should be accessible and universal across spaces.

Q1. What’s the difference between personal space and private space? Both E2EE…

For now, I will stick to using one space until (easy) linking/relating objects are plausible.

P.S. Sincerely hope more functions listed on multi spaces ideas will be implemented. Look forward to future updates🤓

8 Likes

What are shared spaces?

I’m very happy to see multi-spaces, but I’m disappointed that I can’t easily transfer or copy and paste my information from one space to another. When I do, linked objects send me to the space I copied from. It’d tedious to re-add my covers, icons, and formatting for each page I need to recreate.

I think I’ll wait until moving objects can be done before I use another space. Maybe if I have a new project that needs its own area, but not anything that’s already been made.

3 Likes

@MallRats Check this out regarding shared spaces: Multiplayer MVP · Issue #16 · anyproto/roadmap · GitHub

For now, you can use the export function to either export your whole space to another one or do this on a per-object basis. It’s a bit of extra work, but better than copying content by hand…

It might take some time until the functionality is added to move objects between spaces within the app. But I’m confident it will arrive, sooner or later :slight_smile:

3 Likes