Fresh Updates for September
This month’s release addresses a slew of bugs and polishes targeted at the editor, template, and import experiences, which we hope will bring greater ease to your workflows. Our next big release featuring multi-spaces is coming soon, so stay tuned for some big announcements in October!
Highlights of this Release:
- Create & Edit Templates from Sets & Collections
Finally, template creation on-the-fly is here! From today’s release onward, you no longer need to visit the Library to create and edit your templates. Using the ‘Show templates’ button in any Set or Collection, you can open, edit, and create new templates for immediate use.
- Updates to Notion Import
Thanks to your feedback, we’ve fixed many bugs discovered during the import process. We’ve also updated the import instructions and error messages to make it more clear how to troubleshoot in case something goes wrong.
- Read-only & Restore-from-Bin Enabled for Deleted Objects
You can now open the content of deleted objects in read-only mode. Once opened, you’ll see a banner that allows you to restore the object, without needing to visit the Bin to do so.
- Edit Object Icons in Mentioned & Linked Objects
It’s now possible to edit the icons of Objects which are referenced via links or mentions in your editor, including checking or unchecking tasks.
- Link to Website is Now First Option When Adding Links to Text Blocks
To simplify the process of adding web links to text blocks, inputting a URL as a text block link will bring Link to Website to the top of the menu. Thanks, gdbb!
- Logout Button Added to Profile Settings Sidebar
The profile logout button has been moved to your profile settings sidebar, which means it’ll be visible no matter which page of your profile settings you’re currently using.
- New Onboarding Use Case Added
Strategic Writing has been added as a use case to the onboarding selection, focusing on collecting, developing, and thoughtfully presenting written ideas in Anytype.
- Redesign of Set Control Menus
We’ve updated the design of the View settings menu with options for renaming the view and selecting the default template for the set. In addition, current settings can be previewed from the menu including layout, applied filters, and applied sorts.
- Default Object Type Now Selectable in Collections & Sets-by-Relation
Previously, each new Object created in Collections & Sets-by-Relation required Type selection before proceeding. To make Object creation speedier, you can now define the default Object type for each view in your Collection or Set-by-Relation.
- Vietnamese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Polish added to Desktop Interface
Thanks to the help of our community, our pool of interface languages has grown again! Say hello to Anytype Desktop in Vietnamese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Polish.
- Checkbox Design & Hover State Unified in All Parts of App
For greater visual consistency, the icon design for checked and unchecked Objects which use Layout: Action has been standardized across the app.
- Sets Added Back to Type Select Menu when Using Plus Button
Knowing how frequently our community uses Sets, we’ve restored Set as a fixed menu option when creating a new Object from the plus-button.
- Added Ability to Copy Blocks from Version History
In the case you want to use content from previous Object versions without restoring the version itself, you can now copy-paste blocks from previous versions to your current object.
- Protobuf Import Renamed to Any-Block; Now Supports Export-Import of JSON Files
In your Space Import and Export menus, the Protobuf option has been replaced with Any-Block, which also supports JSON files. This export option will become the foundation for sharing templates and use cases between Anytype community members—more news to come soon!
- Removed View Selector for Widgets where Source has Single View
For Sets & Collections that have just a single view, their corresponding widget no longer shows a view selector menu.
- Position of Toast Notifications Adjusted
To remove conflicts with the navigation panel, toast notifications now appear at the top of your Anytype window.
- Fixed: Search palette now correctly displays recently edited objects. Thanks, C.c!
- Fixed: Caret position no longer jumps when using the editor. Thanks, stujo7!
- Fixed: When selecting objects as relation value, sort is now applied according to descending values. Thanks, Hoador!
- Fixed: Several layout problems in print version
- Fixed: View controllers for Sets & Collections now remain visible regardless of window size. Thanks, raph!
- Fixed: Note snippets are no longer parsing HTML from code blocks. Thanks, CodeMacLife!
- Fixed: Copy and deleting relations before they are created is no longer enabled in Objects, Sets & Collections