Add support for Table of Contents Block on Android

Describe the bug
In Android, an object that contains a Table of Contents block displays instead the following warning

To Reproduce

1. In Anytype Desktop, in any object with titles, headers and/or subheaders, insert a Table of Contents block.
  2. Wait as needed for object sync
  3. In Anytype Android, open the same object.
  4. Scroll to where the Table of Contents block should be

Expected behavior
Table of contents should appear in objects where it has been added, regardless of the device/platform.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: Moto G9 Plus
  • Anytype Version: 0.6.1-alpha

Thanks!

1 Like

I believe this issue may be better suited for #feature-requests rather than #bug-reports - it’s not a bug that feature parity hasn’t been reached with the Desktop version. It also might be suited for the “Platform feature parity” wiki page.

Rather, in my view, it would be intended behavior and not a bug for the Android (and iOS as well) app to handle an unsupported block gracefully instead of crashing or refusing to display content.

Do you want to convert this into a Feature Request or add your post to the aforementioned Platform Feature Parity wiki page?

2 Likes

Hi @edwards. Yes, sounds good. I’ll add it to the wiki, instead. Thanks for flagging.

1 Like

This is already listed in the Wiki :slight_smile: :

Category Feature Options Android Desktop iOS
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Blocks TOC No Yes No
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
2 Likes

Changed title from “Table of Contents Block not supported on Android” to “Handle unsupported blocks gracefully”
Moved from Bug Reports to Feature Requests.

1 Like