Add spellcheck

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.

No issue with @anytype, just myself.

Describe the solution you’d like

Basic spellcheck integration. Ability to add words to a personal dictionary (global/page specific).

Describe alternatives you’ve considered

The alternative would be becoming a better speller, but if I am being honest, I do not see that happening.

Additional context

No.

53 Likes

I think this feature should also be implemented as an add-on.

10 Likes

Hahahaha I agree on this feature but just try :rofl:

2 Likes

@BGray I guess basic spellcheck could be implemented ( like US english ) and for other regions it could be add-on

@Tanzeel098 I don’t think this is a good approach, you either add support for the most used languages or you don’t add any. That’s usually the rule for spell check implementations (we are not talking UI here). Spell check is a already solved problem in CS, there are tons of FOSS libraries well established so adding support for one is in no way more complicated that adding support for 10.

3 Likes

@lucasmmarino Oh I didn’t know that. I am sorry . In that case it should be implemented for all !

1 Like

@Tanzeel098 please no worries, I was just giving my two cents :slight_smile:

Yes, spellcheck is absolutely necessary! I had tried to find an offline spellchecker for Windows that would work with the desktop app but had no success :frowning:

1 Like

Spellchecking should already be available for Electron apps natively, if the developer wants to implement it. A few other apps, notably Discord, implement spellcheck in a similar way.

3 Likes

Yes please. I’d actually suggest changing the title to read “Multilingual spellcheck”.
So many people are bilingual nowadays, and will be writing content in more than one language.
Its very annoying to need to pick one of the other

1 Like

@qualquertipo I disagree. While I do agree this support would be nice to have, it is by no means critical. I see this better placed in another request.

1 Like

Makes sense! Will open a new FR

I also feel this is critical and necessary

1 Like

Any updates on this request ?

This would be ideally implemented by relying on spellcheck libraries that already exist, like ispell

2 Likes

The absence of spell-checking is baffling, like the inability to zoom, especially given how easy it is to integrate each of these features in an Electron application.

Unfortunately, this is a dealbreaker for me, and I’ll stick with Logseq, which has an option to enable spell checking.

3 Likes

Spellcheck is certainly one of the most important functions of any app that operates with text. I’m very surprised to see that there is no mention of spellchecking in the recent What We’re Working On post.

4 Likes

totally agree, we will add this to our list, thanks.

6 Likes

Both spellcheck and zoom level would be available in release 0.28.0 on 29th of August.

8 Likes

Was implemented in 0.28.0.