Support to generate various charts through chart.js

Integrate chart.js into Anytype, use Anytype as a data source, and generate various beautiful charts through configuration.
The chart can be embedded in the page as an object, or perhaps as a widget on the home page.

16 Likes

If we have support for computed relations (aka formulas) in the future, perhaps charts could be generated as computed properties of sets.

12 Likes

That’s great idea, and not very hard to implement.

7 Likes

+1, to follow this FR
(no need so no user case, but seems fun to use and I can imagine user case :grin:)

1 Like

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

1. I thought that it can be great to add a feature that can make charts. It will be great for those who like statistics and analysis
  2. I would like to have a built-in calendar (so I won’t need to make it on my own). I believe that it will be wonderful to use sets with the calendar

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

I’m not a programmer so I don’t know how to make it in code. But here is what I see in my head:

1. Different charts. I think that it can be made through sets as a type of view (additional to grid, gallery, list and kanban). That way we can choose some relations and see it in charts. For example, someone at the end of the year wants to see some statistics about books they read. Then they choose “to view as chart” and relations: name and genre or anything else. Maybe also there can be a function that can sum up the number of pages read. Also through statistic diagrams, we can see how many books we read each month (not sure about this one, have a feeling it can be more difficult to make).
  2. In my head I just see it as combination of calendar and sets. So there will be a calendar and we just add to it whatever we need. Like today there will be a “meeting” (as an object) with someone (human), or we can have tasks or anything really. Like 5 September we can see someone’s birthday or tasks that are due 15 September. Maybe even with notifications. I’m sorry, I feel that I’m bad at explaining it.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

1. The only thing that comes to my mind is Excel.
  2. I thought about Google Calendar.

RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES

Sorry, I have no idea.

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

Hi, for the team it is easier to split your feature requests into two different topics. So each request can have it’s own discussion. Also it is requested to first search if a topic matches your feature requests. Specially Calendar has many topics. :wink:

As for calendar view, there is a large topic discussing this. Since there are many different calendar views and usecases. From import/link a google calendar into a calendar view to daily notes calendar and more.

For more see this topic:

There are also several topics about charts like:

But I think before charts can be added there must be Derived Relations / formulas first, see this topic:

Hopes this helps.

3 Likes

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

I would like to be able to visually compare stats against another value recorded in a set. So I propose another view for sets that lets you see various charts and graph views of those parameters set.

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

*ᅟDefine the parameters to represent and what style of chart or graph to do it. Could be implemented into sets or collections themselves or to the relation or object specifically, or just as a block to be added into a page or another part of the overall graph view.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

If I am tracking the progress of several projects I am working on I can see I have the majority in progress for the month or I have more done this quarter than I have left to do. There are countless real-world uses for data tracking like this.

RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES

Being able to do calculations from various cells in a table or from certain relations in a block.

Such as
Formula Column
Simple Calculations for sets

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

I’m sure everyone gets what I’m suggesting by this point

1 Like

Anytype now support Chart.js, but I can’t make it happen when I put the code into Anytype, is it possible that there is a guide to help those non-programmer to use the Chart.js?

Here’s an example Example how to use Chart.js.