I don’t remember seeing this prompt before, but it alerted me a little - apart from that fact that one accepts the management of their own data on their local device, and making sure they have their own backups, are there any other security or data loss risks with local only? This is the first time I saw local-only mode described as ‘experimental’ - are there any issues or aspects of local only that I should know about?
Does local only mode not encrypt any data in transit when syncing between devices? And will the security be enhanced in the future for Local only mode?
it is another backup of your data. you are then more safe when it comes to data loss or corruption on your local devices. there is no additional security layer. perhaps the wording was not right there.
and the sync to a server is more robust from what I read in the forum.