Preserve (or sync) reading position on the mobile apps

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
I always find it frustrating when I’m reading a long story, note, article, or book that I’ve written or imported into Anytype, only to leave and have the reading position be reset (to the top of the page). I do believe the Desktop client already preserves reading position, but, it’d be great if the mobile applications could do so as well.

Additionally, it would be even better if reading positions could sync between all clients, sort of how Amazon’s Kindle devices and apps sync the reading position across all devices signed-in with the same account.

Describe the solution you’d like
I’d love if the Android application could remember the position that I’m in within the Object Canvas, then restore (or sync) it when I re-enter the Object Canvas.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
There’s not really many alternatives; I could place a highlight or such to indicate I’ve read up to this point, but, that requires manual user intervention and isn’t as streamlined as having the application automatically remember my reading position.

8 Likes

Just updated this topic to include the iOS version, as the same behavior occurs on that variant. This is in no way a significant issue or a feature request that is urgent, but just one that would be a nice quality-of-life improvement!

Maybe change the “Android” in the title to “mobile” then? So there isnt any confusion for people searching and reading the title.

1 Like

Just did! Thank you for the suggestion

I like the feature request a lot, but could we please make this optional? :sweat_smile:

It would be great to have a popup or button that asks you to jump back to where you left off, like Microsoft Word asks you nowadays.

2 Likes