Localization for system types / relations

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.

On this world, we have multiple languages. If this is a problem or not may you decide :slight_smile:

Describe the solution you’d like

Translation possibility of properties.

For example:

I want to add property “release date” to page content. The content of the page is german. Currently it looks like worng in place.

So translation would be nice :slight_smile:

Describe alternatives you’ve considered

Custom display name for each property type or page based

First of all, I would also appreciate if translation (once available) is applied to the default types and relations. In particular, I would then use the standard templates up until this point and there would be no need to create custom types in other languages (e.g., German) for everything.

However, I just wanted to point out that @endac once said in Telegram that translation/localization will be a topic for September and onwards. Maybe the requests concerning this topic should be bundled to make it easier for the devs to plan this next step in the evolution of anytype. For example, I think of [this post](Translation. Ability to change what language the app uses).

This can be very useful, especially when we have the possibility to publish our Objects online!

I imagine a complex Set where all properties could be translated by the viewers by simply selecting their language in a dropdown menu.

It seems rather complex to implement, but it would be innovative and useful.

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?

To ensure consistency throughout the app, I recommend adding translations for pre-installed types and relations so that the entire app can use a single language. Currently, when using a language other than English, everything appears inconsistent. Although I could create my own types/relations and name them as I wish, it would bloat the library with unnecessary data. Additionally, there are relations like “Creation date”, “Last opened date”, and so on, that cannot be replicated and will always look out of place.

RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES

Alternatively, you could unlock the ability to rename all default types and relations.

This is already planned

Also the library top tabs should be translated/localized, currently they are fixed to English

Sin nombre

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?

I would like to get a complete localization of all the standard supplied types and relations. For example, for the “Human” type, it is blocked to change the type name.

HOW COULD IT BE DONE?

For example, there is an Italian language here, and we are considering the type of “Human”, in the photo I emphasized the untranslated types and relations, the right shows how it could look with localization:


Possible solutions to the problem:

  1. The ability to change the names of standard types and relations
  2. Localization of all standard types and relations
  3. Make both of these decisions

REAL WORLD USE CASES

The user wants to maximize the experience of using the product, and localization is one of the solutions to this problem. There is such a problem that the user may not know English or confuse an English word with a word from his own language, and for this we would like to get a solution to this problem. Localization of the product is good, but we would like to get localization for standard types and relations, which would make localization more complete.

I just noticed a similar request in a post about localization launch, I would like to know if the moment has come when it is worth considering this idea?