Loading time is sometimes more than notion!

When i had less amounts of data in anytype, it was very snappy but now when i have aroung 5gb of data in it, all the sets and objects take around 3 seconds to load at minimum…I thought this would be wayyy faster than notion, but now when i compare both of them, handles the same amount of data in a more efficient way. Also anytype is a RAM eater, half a gigabyte of RAM and sometimes a gigabyte by anytype helper, optimization is still left. I hope this is alpha and thus not well optimized, hope to see it improve soon!

Version: 0.26.1

2 Likes

According to latest town hall meeting, they’re currently working on (and prioritizing) scaling of infrastructure. Not fully sure what this means, but seems to be related to ability to deal with large amounts of data.

1 Like

To be clear, are you experiencing slowdown with just Sets or both Sets and Objects? I’ve noticed that Sets will slow down to a crawl if it’s been used often for a long time; my old Sets I used for tracking tasks and notes used to take upwards of 30 seconds to load (on all platforms). Creating a brand new Set with the exact same filters, views and sorts would completely solve the issue, strangely enough.

Object slowdown is certainly more curious, but it’d be nice if you could provide more details about how you used Anytype and those Objects and Sets; this post doesn’t have much information. Do you edit and view them frequently? Or how much blocks are stored there, and how old is it? Do you experience the slowdown on just Desktop, or other platforms too like Android?

It’d be useful if you could provide a screen recording and more details about the exact scenario; the library development team @GoTeam might be able to follow up with instructions on how to collect logs for this issue based on what information you provide.

2 Likes

Are you using Notion in browser or as an app? Those are valuable information when a comparison is made.

1 Like

Ah I havent really created unnecessary sets, so I cant really say the difference between unopened and regualr sets. About the objects and sets, yes, both of them takes equal time to load. It isnt more than 5 seconds in any cases, but 5 seconds is ALOT! I experience slowdown on only my desktop, android is runnin hard :fire:

I was using notion web , but i compared both of the applications and not the web app

If android is running well. It seems it’s a bug. We need to investigate it

1 Like

Concerning sets - this is a bug and we are working on a fix.

2 Likes