How will the delete function work?

With the ‘Relations, Sets & Types’ we can build crazy things :sunglasses:.

But how will the delete function works ?

For Example, i will delete a object in the (middle of the) graph,

what will happen with all the dependent objects,

all the object that are reference that to deleted object ?

Will the user become first a list will all the dependent objects and than will be delete ?

Or can i choose what will i delete, all objects (inclusive the dependent objects)

or only the object ?

or i am thinking to complicate :see_no_evil:

Are there already exists ideas ?

Thanks

The way I see it in most graph-based connections, If an object is deleted, then all the dependent objects become interconnected if they have some common relation. The way Anytype has them implemented with Tags, Relations and Objects if you delete tags, then there will still be a relation between the pages with the same tags on the other hand deleting objects will completely remove the connection between any referenced pages

Yey, but i would be interesting becomes the user a list with all dependents objects,

or an object graph.

See the entry here, from @michaellw

https://community.anytype.io/t/-/976

so the user can be sure which objects after the delete are ‘changed/interconnected/…’

@Michael what you are suggesting is a view like Roam Research where all interconnections are visible, so deleting and editing them becomes clear

This view is going to be available in future releases.

These kinds of complexities are exactly why the delete function does not yet exist. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: So I think the answer to your question is “it’s not entirely clear yet”. But it’s being worked on to determine the best way to handle all these complex cases.

I haven’t understood the complexity here. Maybe I am missing something. If you delete an object, you will also delete all references to that object, as an edge needs 2 nodes in a graph. What is complex about this?