For unknown reasons there is a note of thanks to me in the version history:
“Reduced mouse action needed after creating a new page in Collections. Thanks, @Code-Jack!”
- I really don’t know why this line appears in the history, because I can’t see such an improvement.
WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?
I you are in a Collection and you want to create a new Object in it, there is the friction that you need two unnecessary mouse clicks for it.
- Click on the “New” button.
- Enter the Object’s title.
- What I wish: the Enter key should create the Object and open it.
But instead of point three:
- You must do a mouse click somewhere outside the Grid to finish the title.
- After that, you must do a second mouse click on the just finished title.
Only then the new Object finally opens for further editing.
Please remove the need for these two mouse clicks!
We shouldn’t need the mouse after we have started to type the Object’s title.
“Enter” should be enough to finish the title and open the Object.
HOW COULD IT BE DONE?
See above.
REAL WORLD USE CASES
The described friction is annoying and we have it many times a day.
Why do we need the mouse after clicking on the “New” button?
We want to write, that’s totally clear, what has the mouse to do with it?
It is especially disturbing for people that can’t write blind. They need to look away from the keyboard, grasp the mouse, look on the screen to do these two clicks, then put the hand back on the keyboard and look away from the screen back on the keyboard.
That costs about four seconds each time and stresses the eyes with refocusing.
RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES
–
ADDITIONAL CONTEXT
This is such a little but disturbing thing and probably so quick to solve!
I silently flinch about it from my first day on and many times a day, thinking the devs surely recognize it theme self and finally fix it at one point. But it never happend.
OK, now I’ve opened a ticket for it …