Editor: Markdown replacement behavior & keyboard shortcuts

WHAT IS THE BUG

At least with “italic” markdown “_blablabla_”:

  • formatting is wrong
  • keyboard shortcuts don’t work properly.

(I had filed another markdown replacement bug before, which is fixed, but made it worse apparently)

HOW TO REPRODUCE IT

(or simply see video, that should be clear. the “flickering” of the “I” indicator is a CMD-I keypress of myself on every (de-)selection)

  1. Enter text: Let's _see_ whether this works
  2. See text with this formatting applied: “Let’s see whether this works” (notice the still-italic formatting after “see”)
  3. Mark the text “whether this works” with the keyboard
  4. press CMD-I repeatedly
  5. Notice that it … de-italizes (?) on the first keypress, while the subsequent CMD-I keypresses do nothing.

Video:

THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

See text with this formatting:

Let’s see whether this works.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

OS version: darwin arm64 26.5.2
App version: 0.55.5
Build number: build on 2026-06-02 16:45:57 +0000 UTC at #5e888f1b9b8590575ea81da218e95c472daf0fdf
Library version: v0.50.8
Anytype Identity: ABRAoHEP1impMW3DyMRAbELnYjV5M27h5JRecNB3KPGi6vLr
Analytics ID: A8MkhLywF2qZjmjdF7NF8GwFa2shiGNZAynUfxNWv6uH5J78
Device ID: 12D3KooWQ333dNmGYeFXPeSw6NrMFLb11fnTCphnWmh5R9xfaNCR
Ethereum Address: 0xFC3226BD51F6D415e9Dff876006459861E4c5fD9

Thanks for reporting. We had an issue of markdown delimiters not being contained but it has been fixed. It has not reached release version yet.

this is pretty long-standing … hopefully in the next release.

It’s fixed in the pre-release version right now if you’d like to try that.