Anytype lacks the ability to exploit relations in a meaningful way.
We cannot manage them easily.
We can’t create a set with all the options of a relation.
About Managing options : accessing a dedicated block for :
- View, Create, Modify, Delete options
- Define a necessary format (i.e. 00.00.00.00 or @.com)
- Allow (or not) the addition of an option while editing an object
ideally in the relation page
Just like you have for objects here :
About being able to include it in a set
Well quite straightforward here… when creating a set, we should just be able to selection “Relation Options”, then select the options… and the set displays all options of a relation.
Decidated block to manage options
- It allows us to see easily all options possible
- It allows us to fine tune their usage (make it a restricted list, or open list)
- It allows us to create/delete/change them more easily
- It allows us to define how many options can be assigned at the same time (only one, 2, 3… all of them)
- It allows to define if a relation can have different options for specific objects / type.
- It allows to nest options
- It allows to define an icon for each option
- It allows to defined a “default” option
- It allows to order the default sort of options (if later displayed as list or radio buttons in other objects)
Include options in a Set
- It allows us to find all options of a specific relation & open the objects that are related to them.
Ex. I see the different Release Years and click on each year to display the albums on that year.
You can just stay with the current situation but it ain’t great.
This solution would help answer many other feature requests, like :