AnyTwo -- first impressions

Yes, I did ask that question and I’m sure many peoples eyebrows were raised—seems idiotic that it’s even a question. It was difficult to explain why I was asking such a question at that point in time, as too much about Anytwo’s architecture was not yet explained.

On a high level, your points about the problems with global properties is accurate. It creates a huge mess when import, export, merging, and cleaning up properties. It’s silently a big cause for data integrity issues when moving around data between spaces. In the user’s mind, it’s clear what something is, but to the system it is absolutely not clear. When you add collaboration and the need for users to share types/properties/templates across spaces, you can see why it’s pure chaos in our local-first system where changes sync asynchronously.

But indeed, we can’t just remove global properties without finding a solution for what they were used for. Hence why we were looking to better understand the actual use cases. I don’t think our solution is leaning towards it being a specific mini app, but we’ll see how it develops.