Yes, I am also feeling tired about how the markdown editor works. As the most important part of a note-taking application, the editing experience should be the most stable
I usually use the Alpha version to test bugs, experiencing latest features and check bugs hot-fixed from previous version.
But every time I upgrade to new version, I need to re-learn how editor works
- What will happen to text, callouts, code snippets, or inline code when I press Enter,
Shift + Enter, or Tab? The behavior is never consistent - Backticks make text after it stop auto replacing
--to—, but breaks in latest version again - Hey, there’s a pretty good fix or feature, only to disappears in next version, whether it’s alpha or stable release
These are the issues I’ve encountered while using Anytype. Some have been bothering me for a long time, while others keep resurfacing with every new version update
- Why can’t auto-replace be disabled after these years
- I respect this is by-design in Anytype, but we already voted this feature long time ago
- Why does
Shift + Enteracts differently between styles- In alpha,
Shift + Enterescape callout when send a new line in code snippet - In release, there are so many strange behaviors when trying to escape or exit callout
- I’ll open another ticket for this bug
- In alpha,
- Why does space after inline code sometimes escape inline and sometimes not
- In alpha, I can press left arrow once to escape inline
- In release, space escape inline instead of using left arrow
- Why do
<random string>disappear after been pasted into Anytype - Why can’t we escape markdown symbol after voting for years
- Especially for dollar and wildcard sign
- Escape dollar sign or other markdown replacement
- Ability to prevent markdown symbols from changing formatting
- Why does
HTTPsyntax highlight break code snippet- HTTP syntax duplicate double new lines in snippet
- Why is paste in code generate redundant new lines ?
- In alpha, paste been fixed very well
- In release, bug about pasting in code snippet duplicate redundant lines comes back
- Sometimes delete a block makes cursor get into void, you can only use mouse to get back in editor
I’m not gonna complaint about other bugs like tab switching, graph view - since those are additional features, but please
EDITOR IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FUNCTION FOR A NOTE APPLICATION
I recommend Anytype to many of my friends, I believe Anytype has immense potential, and I truly hope to see a more polished and reliable version of the app
Best regards to Anytype team