Add attraction and repulsion forces control in Graph View, and make relation names optional

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
I’ve switched to Anytype after trying out Obsidian and Notion, hoping that it would include the advantages from both of them. However, the graph view in Anytype seems harder to navigate and interpret. The most obvious reason for that is the cluttering of nodes, and, sometimes, the strange behavior of the node positions.

Describe the solution you’d like
I think that it would be a good idea to refactor the forces applied to nodes more like it was realized in Obsidian, like Center force, Repel force, and Link force. The Center force would make the nodes and clusters of nodes attract towards the center, and the repel and link forces would help avoid overlapping between nodes.

Also, I would like to suggest making the display of relation names optional. Even in a small graph the big number of connections with text on them overloads the screen and makes navigating through nodes rather tiring.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
An alternative would be some kind of another approach to positioning nodes on the screen, but I cannot think of anything else.

Additional context
These screenshots represent what I am struggling with when using graph view:

And this screenshot is how all this is implemented in Obsidian, note that a more complicated graph seems much more readable with applied forces:

3 Likes