Ability to group, sort and filter links in Navigation Pane

The navigation pane is very helpful but as the number of links increase (to and from an object) it can become a bit disorganized:

It would be very helpful to group, sort and filter those links to keep them organized in a way that’s more relevant to each user.

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

Adding a “Group by”, “Sort by” and “Filter” drop-down menus, allowing the user to group and sort (ascending and descending) by type, set and relation.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

For example, I could group links related to a project by selecting “Group by > Object Type: Project”, and then “Sort by > Relation type: Due Date”, and this would let me navigate links in a way that is specifically relevant for project management.

Or I could “Group by > Relation”, and then browse links pertaining each relation, such as “Threats” or “Opportunities”, or anything you have as a relation linking to and from that object.

EXISTING ALTERNATIVES

The partial work-around I use at the moment is to use the Graph View to see the relation types, but while this view is great and gives more spatial context, it is not as ordered as the Navigation View.

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

I think this complements the requests to include filters and show tag relationships in the Graph View:

1 Like