3 Issues when working with relations. No auto filter whilst typing. Getting the relation deleted. Navigation between relation is difficult

Describe the bug

1. I have this type that when I star to fill the relations info, it doesn’t auto filter the options by the characters I’m typing, but I have other types where the auto filter works (it takes a moment but it works).

2. If I miss type something and I want to correct, when I hit backspace to erase the character, anytype instead deletes the relation. If I’m paying atention to the screen and see that, I can easily press ctrl+z and restore the relation, but I’m not aware, then I will end with that info missing.

3. Navigate or move through the relations is hard and dificult, I have to move my hand from the keyboard to grab the mouse and select the next relation I want to fill in.

To Reproduce

Case #1

1. Go to any set o a given type with relations
  2. Create new object type from a template already made.
  3. Start typing to fill the relation
  4. Anytype won’t filter the options by the characters you’re just typing

Case #2

4. Press backspace as if you want to delete a character to correct something
  5. Anytype will delete the relation

Case #3

4. Try to go to the next relation by pressing tab or the arrow keys
  5. You won’t get to the next or previews relation.

Expected behavior

1. For case #1 I would expect anytype to filter the options as I’m typing just it does with other types I work with.

2. If I use backspace when filling some relation info, I expect it to delete the characters, no the relation.

3. I wish I can move through the relations either with the tab key or the arrows keys on the keyboard, or both.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: Custom
  • Anytype Version: 0.26.1

Additional context
Well, the case #1 is present just in one type, I don’t have that issue when I work with other types.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. The search function is a bit of a black box and known issue. The problem is if something acute is changed in the code, it negatively impacts another aspect, so it’s a delicate balance. But if we keep accumulating enough detailed reports like yours, our devs can make a comprehensive restoration to it from the ground up. @requilence can be more precise about the “how and why” but that’s the gist of it.

1 Like

Hi @Scaro, thanks for posting your issues. Could you please create one topic per issue? This makes it easier to track the status of each issue.

As you mention, this only happens for one Relation. Could you check whether you can reproduce this with other Relations? Is this also reproducible with other Relation Types?

Could you check whether this is still the case in the latest version? I cannot reproduce this.

I agree. That’s why I created the following feature request:

@Scaro were you able to check the two questions above?