Widgets: Make Collections expandable in Tree View

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

Make Collection links expandable in Tree View

Note: This is when collections are links inside a widget, not the actual widget source.

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

Same as Toggles. Click to rotate the icon to indicate that a Collection is open. Then display the links below it.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

Better navigation. Access links to contents from the sidebar, without having to open the Collection.

You can create Collections within a Collection and its Tree View will be more like the folder system.

RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

I’ve thought about requesting the same for Sets, but it wouldn’t make sense if the user chose not to link the objects inside it.

Isn’t that already the case?

No, I’m talking about when a collection is a link in Tree View, not when it’s the widget itself. (Something else is assigned as a widget source, like an object titled “Navigation”.)

I don’t think it’s necessary to turn every collection into a widget when it’s already possible to create a ‘navigation tree’.

I’ve edited my post to hopefully make it a bit clearer. :grin:

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

This was implemented in mobile, thank you!! (Though I find it strange to see a feature arrive on mobile first. Looking forward to the desktop version! :grinning:)

It’s integrated in alpha version , and should arrive in the next release (if it’s not already integrated in the current version) :grinning:

( @ModTeam to change the statut tag, thanks)

1 Like

Great, thanks for letting me know! :grinning::+1:t2:

1 Like

Saw the update. Thanks for implementing my feature request!! :blush:

I have a little question @Shampra , do you think it is intended to have this feature on integrated collections and not on collection itself ?

For example here I have a collection object named “Area (collection itself)” which I can’t put in Tree view. But if I integrate it on another page “Area (inline set of areas)” the Tree view is possible.

No idea. Since the topic has been marked as implemented, another one should be reopened (with the same title, but really for collections directly).