Hello!
Calendar view is great and I’m still exploring everything that it can be used for. However, some added functionality would be amazing.
First, add properties which allow objects to be viewed in a calendar with a start date and an end date as well as a start time and an end time, and show the hours and days in between.
Next, add weekly and daily calendar views to a collection that show objects based on single or multiple days or hours properties. Add typical “drag and drop” abilities within calendar views, similar to many other calendars, to allow one to create and resize blocks with the mouse. This will set AT apart from those other calendars because it would allow any object to be viewed in the calendar, not just “events” or “appointments.”
For example, if I wanted to write a blog post this Friday from 11 to 1, I add the date, start and end time that I want to work on it, and voila it shows up in my calendar view as the original object. This creates a central location for anything I want to see for a specific day or week.
I think a central calendar system built into AT would be best case scenario, with built in functionalities and views. (Similar to the date views that exist now. But frankly those are functionless bc. you can’t edit anything from those views or see more than one day at a time.) However, even if this was only implemented into collections or sets, and just needed to be customized by the user, it would add wonders to the software. The ability to organize and view time-specific objects as well as knowledge objects (and to combine the two) would take AT to the next level. At least it would in my world, and I don’t think I’m alone.
I do have a workaround. I’ve posted the images and explanation below. I’m still tweaking this, if anyone sees this and has ideas, please let me know.
The collection is based on any object with a “Test Date” property. The default object that the collection creates is a new type I’ve created called “appointments.” My appointments have by default, a text property which I’ve labeled “time test,” a “test date” property which adds it to the collection, and a drop-down select with an option for every day of the week.
When an appointment is created, I specify a time in a 24 hr format, and manually add the day of the week as well as the date property. For the weekly view, I’ve specified a kanban view to show the options from my weekday drop-down menu. The kanban view is filtered for dates within the current week. I also have the exact view duplicated but filtered to show next week. In addition, the kanban view is also filtered to organize the objects by my “time test” property from top to bottom. This way, any objects that show up on the weekly view are arranged from early in the day to late. This is often buggy and I have to refresh it to get it to organize them correctly, but generally works.
This system is usable, but doesn’t work for me to visualize my week, or allow me to stretch an object to reflect multiple days or hours.
This has been looooong, thanks for hanging on. In general I’ve found AT to be useful and think the latest streamlined update was a great move. ![]()

