Severe UX Friction: Cannot clear Object Relation fields (Missing 'x' button & Backspace/Delete unresponsive)

Hello Anytype team,

I am building my databases and organizing my workspace, but I’ve hit a massive UX roadblock regarding how Object Relations are handled in the UI.

To be more specific: I created several Objects of the same Type, then I added an Object-type Property to that Type and started to connect those Objects using the created Property. Later, I decided that I didn’t need that Property and deleted it, but the Links and Backlinks created by it remained with no intuitive way to remove or clear them.

Here is the exact behavior I am experiencing:

  • Pressing Backspace or Delete on the keyboard does absolutely nothing, both in the object’s property panel and directly inside the Set/Type (Table view).

  • There is no ‘x’ (clear) icon next to the linked object’s name.

  • The only way the field becomes empty is if I move the linked object to the bin, which is destructive and completely defeats the purpose of simply unlinking a relation.

The Impact: This causes immense frustration and disrupts the workflow. Not being able to clear a cell with a standard keyboard input or a simple ‘x’ button makes managing databases feel broken and overly complicated.

Proposed Solution:

  1. Crucial: Add a simple ‘x’ button to each object inside the relation field (both in the properties menu and in the Table view) to allow users to clear objects from the cell.

  2. Enable standard keyboard behaviors: selecting the field/cell and pressing Backspace or Delete must clear the content of that relation.

Please prioritize fixing this, as seamless data entry and editing is the core of any database management tool. Thank you!

1 Like