Retrieving manual ordering through the REST API?

What do you need help with?

I’ve been using the (excellent) REST API to collect data from Anytype spaces.

The one thing I didn’t yet manage is to get objects in a list in the exact manual ordering that has been made through the Anytype UI.

Example: I have a list type, say “Shelf”, where I can add objects of type, say “Book”. I can create a Shelf object, set the default view to List or Gallery, and I can manually reorder the added books in the UI. (Anytype asks whether to remove the sorting when you drag & drop.)

However, when I query the books of a specific shelf through the API, the order seems to be fixed.

I’ve tried to query the views of the Shelf object though “Get list views”:

GET …/spaces/:space_id/lists/:object_id/views

and then “Get objects in list” call:

GET …/spaces/:space_id/lists/:object_id/views/:view_id/objects

But the order there seems to be fixed. (:view_id seems to be default for the first and only view tab.)

Any ideas? (Apart from adding a Sort property.)

Thanks
John

OS

macOS

Anytype Version

0.56.5

Network Mode

AnySync

Technical Information

–