Relation URL Preview

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
I’m trying to set a URL relation to an object that also displays a preview.

Describe the solution you’d like
The ideal solution would be to have a relation type that works exactly as the Image block, that allows me to input URLs or upload files, so that a big and clear preview of the content is displayed on the page

At the moment, both URL and File & Media Relations have the minor drawback of not showing a preview of the media as clear as the image block does.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
The only alternative is to use the File & Media relation to have a preview on gallery views, despite the preview in the object detail is not as good.

@Havock94 thanks for sharing your idea! Could you let me know if my train of thought makes any sense in relation to your request?

I know that the Anytype team is working on a “bookmark block” within Sets and Objects which will retrieve some information from the URL you provide like page title, description, and image (see here: Sprint Review (37 & 38) - News & Announcements / Road Map ). I think your idea should be doable if that bookmark block is customizable to choose the layout you need for your image/description/etc., for example with a small/medium/large image and toggles to turn on/off the other data like title and description. I’m suggesting this because the bookmark block also takes a URL as input and can show a preview.

1 Like

Hi Sam, that makes perfectly sense and it would indeed allow for different layouts to satisfy diverse needs (e.g. in my case display an image preview, but in other cases where a preview isn’t available just show the title).