OpenStreetMap embeds don't work anymore

What do you need help with?

I can’t manage to display a map in the integration. What format does it expect? It doesn’t give a single error message that would inform me as to what it doesn’t like.

  • I tried uMap share link and HTML as i’m trying to make a custom map but that doesn’t display anything, I suppose that isn’t supported but that seems like a major overlooked usecase.
  • I tried OpenStreetMap short, long and HTML links but to no avail. So what am I missing?

What can this integration do and what are it’s shortcomings, there’s not much out there that lets us know how to use it.

OS

linux x64 6.17.9-300.fc43.x86_64

Anytype Version

v0.51.2

Network Mode

AnySync

Technical Information

OS version: linux x64 6.17.9-300.fc43.x86_64
App version: 0.51.2
Build number: build on 2025-11-26 12:55:21 +0000 UTC at #82ca0375a851dc42a3dd0c1e5fe7aca0cec09efe
Library version: v0.45.6
Anytype Identity: AA8AbGPgpqjh7W9jPph8pQRAjDWq3gTeUjgcYX4wTyHf5m8v
Analytics ID: 40272dee-0acc-4c10-92fc-e09eee485952
Device ID: 12D3KooWMu2LZPvMK99aGGUdLTzTVZgz631nBj4ssaPnUWqjUBzz
Ethereum Address: 0xc92F58754cbd52F087b4a1c9B1Bf04baF57e7de6

I also tried the HTML embed iframe from openstreetmap but Anytype just renders a gray rectangle.

Yeah, it doesn’t work anymore.

I have an old Page with an OSM embed. Once, it WAS working. But doesn’t anymore.
Who writes the BR?

@TomB can you change the thread type from help to bug report?

Fixed, thanks

I can now display a map but how about pins, polygons, … Umap doesn’t seem to be supported. I suspect none of this was added to the integration but in that case I have to admit i’m at a bit of a loss here as to what this integration offers more than a image. The point of having an interactive map is to be able to interact with it, is it not? The ability to pinpoint a location and pin notes seems to me like core features of an interactive map (being able to input a Umap link would resolve this)

give the example embed code please

Here are several examples:

fixed

Great! Thanks! Do I need to wait for next release for this fix?

I’m building alpha build, so you can switch to it, it has only minor bugfixes, or wait for next release, yes.

Here you are: Release v0.52.2-alpha · anyproto/anytype-ts · GitHub

Many Thanks!

Images don’t seem to display on the integration. Is this something that can be fixed?

I need examples, if the image is from custom domain - we have a strict whitelist policy in CORS, since images can be potential security risk.

Ah. This ones from a random sites on the internet:

“https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fnoussommesvivants.co%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2023%2F10%2Flogo-final-fond-jaune.png&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=5c1909d8d31a4ca16a4b5ee099a012793448c86977bf92f7bdd13b60e966f0d9”
or

“https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fvectorseek.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2024%2F05%2FSolarPunk-Icon-Logo-Vector.svg-.png&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=a4d11fd2c51c605f9acdecb09970d679759f12ee3908ea7d4a642448e23fe95d”

or “https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9b/SolarPunk_logo.svg/2048px-SolarPunk_logo.svg.png”

What kind of domain should it be in that case?

I will whitelist these domains

Fixed

These are tests, I’ll have a lot more to add and change, just want to know what’s the general rule for which images linked to what domain can be displayed

From services that can be trusted, allowing any image from any file sharing service will compromise security.