"Object type" sorting doesn't work

What’s The Bug?

Sorting by “Object type” whether ascending or descending doesn’t work in Queries, this is what I get:

How To Reproduce It

N/A

The Expected Behavior

N/A

Device

PC

OS

Windows 11 25h2

Anytype Version

0.51.2

Network Mode

AnySync

Technical Information

OS version: win32 x64 10.0.26200
App version: 0.51.2
Build number: build on 2025-11-26 12:55:21 +0000 UTC at #82ca0375a851dc42a3dd0c1e5fe7aca0cec09efe
Library version: v0.45.6
Anytype Identity: ABAj6wUqK6ovHRXfWcdsAgn9HNDs79n6S99gys16Ea963Nvg
Analytics ID: f5730973-abbc-4ac1-a216-eeb3e63d57bf
Device ID: 12D3KooWD6nJ2ZwAyCwXGBqWBAFAd7C19uEKy9oyM4ipnbbGBuSJ
Ethereum Address: 0x7340E3Aa3B78908cdb76521fd84CC5BddbdAf7d5

This report has been added to our issue tracker and received by the Development Team.

I am experiencing the same bug in 0.52.4 when I sort by clicking on the headers in a query.

sorting-object-type-not-working

WHAT IS THE BUG
When I try to sort a Grid or List View by the Object Type, it doesn’t work.

HOW TO REPRODUCE IT

  1. Take a Query that shows all Objects.
  2. Add the Property “Object Type” to a View.
  3. Try to sort the View by the Object Type.
    → No matter if you try to sort ascending or descending, the View doesn’t become sorted.

THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR
I expect of course that the View becomes sorted by the Object Types.

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
OS version: win32 x64 10.0.19045
App version: 0.53.1
Build number: build on 2025-12-19 12:23:54 +0000 UTC at #e63221baedd2e83396d1390bac9b46703e6b4157
Library version: v0.44.0-nightly.20251220.1
Anytype Identity: AAtt6aReARByswg2CbvZhveoJEEcnydfDu7U2VAkgJALsE7D
Analytics ID: 8a514008-4f5d-40d3-970f-a0d241b63af2
Device ID: 12D3KooWFpa3RKwtoRdzYwvF34e2hXzzYnUUNYUNNdsyfMgs54FQ
Ethereum Address: 0x2da4881c5D6689bac7d6B6BC00D8862aACca9B60

Confirmed on MacOS.

OS version: darwin arm64 26.2.0
App version: 0.53.1
Build number: build on 2025-12-19 12:23:54 +0000 UTC at #e63221baedd2e83396d1390bac9b46703e6b4157
Library version: v0.44.0-nightly.20251220.1

Could you please confirm that you expected them to be sorted alphabetically?

If so, we are already looking into this here:

Ah, yes, you’re right, there was already an existing thread, sorry!
You can move the posts here into Hexara’s thread.
He’s the hero who discovered it first.

This issue has been fixed by the Development Team and will be implemented in an upcoming release.