Object definition control flow

No, you’re not!
It needs some time to wrap the mind around Anytype’s concepts.
It becomes relative effective after using it four weeks or so.

There are often different ways to do specific things. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages.
If you know only one way you may be disappointed. But if you also know the other ways you’ll find the best way for you.
This may not be the best way in general, for every user, but for you.

Anytype has some well “hidden” powers that you may explore only after some months!
I give you an example:
I was here since more then seven months already, then came our appreciated user @MikeyP with this advanced concept:

Our appreciated @ferdzso developed it even further!
I would not recommend the concept from one of them for newbies, I still don’t find it intuitive, but it is ingenious!
No newbie would come up with such an advanced idea on their own!

I show it to you only to give you an example what you can explore even after some weeks (or months!) of daily usage.
Anytype has powers!
It still has also lots of limitations and some bugs. But don’t underestimate it if it sometimes seems to be a bit goofy designed. Often there is an unexpected another way to do certain things and different users prefer different workflows or a different kind of data organisation.

Even today I need sometimes to think a lot before I can start to organise some new data.
We have not only Sets and Collections, but also inline Sets and inline Collections, as well as Links and Embeds. We can everything built on Tags, or use a Link structure instead.
Sets don’t normally show connection lines in the Graph, but if you use the ingenious principle I’ve linked above, then they have connection lines …

You’ll need your time to explore all these features, you are definitely not a “weirdo”!
You’re a newbie, that’s all.
And I like your writing style, by the way!