Notion Import Fails

I’ve just tried to import my pages from Notion but ended up with a crash :frowning: I’m running Anytype 0.16.1 on Windows 10 2004. Hopefully it’s nothing major!

I ran the export from the Notion desktop app and tried importing the ZIP file from the “Downloads” library in explorer, I tried again using the full path in case it wasn’t finding the file correctly but no difference :frowning:

(It won’t let me upload the log file so here’s the top section to avoid the post being huge!)

`panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference

[signal 0xc0000005 code=0x0 addr=0x30 pc=0x16b4aa6]

goroutine 27870 [running]:

github.com/anytypeio/go-anytype-middleware/core/block/editor/import.(*importImpl).processFieldBlockIfItIs(0xc000cf6e20, 0xc007673408, 0x31, 0x3f, 0xc001917050, 0xc0011ea8c8, 0x1, 0x1)

/Users/distiller/project/core/block/editor/import/import.go:822 +0x686

github.com/anytypeio/go-anytype-middleware/core/block/editor/import.(*importImpl).ImportMarkdown(0xc000cf6e20, 0xc001916ed0, 0xc004a55b00, 0x39, 0xc00498e7d0, 0x47, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0

, …)

/Users/distiller/project/core/block/editor/import/import.go:227 +0x196b

`

1 Like

I just tried the import again but using a single section (One page and multiple subpages) by clicking the 3 dots in the top right and choosing export from there. It imported perfectly!

It seems to only happen when exporting from the settings menu of Notion and doing everything at once, at least for me. The full export was 16MB and the new one i tried was only 21KB so that could also be a factor!

How many pages are you trying to import? If there are not a lot of images, then 16MB might indicate quite a large import. It’s good to test with big imports, of course (we will probably all want to migrate from Notion eventually, and many have lots of data!). But may not work well yet, I can imagine. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@adam Hey Adam. Thanks for reporting this issue!

It looks like a problem with Notion export format we don’t handle. One of your pages points to the file that doesn’t exist in the exported structure. A fix for this issue will come with the next patch release. I will ping you in this thread when it will be ready

2 Likes

Sounds good! I’ll be sure to give it another try in the next release :grinning:

I do have quite a few pages in my Notion… Always worth trying these things!

@adam Was this bug fixed for you? so we can mark it as solved.

Hey @adam, since there was not further response from you, I will mark this one as solved. Feel free to add a reply, if the bug is still present.