Notion Import bug not recognizing relations between databases in inline databases

What’s The Bug?

Hi, I am trying to import our database from Notion following the Internal Integration Secret step by step guide.
At the end of the process I get the following image but the database in Anytype is nowhere to be seen. As the data screenshot shows, something has been imported.

How To Reproduce It

  1. Import from Notion
  2. Wait until process complete
  3. Look for the database

The Expected Behavior

One should see the db

Device

Mac mini m1

OS

15.2 (24C101)

Anytype Version

0.44.0

Network Mode

I guess selfhosted but I do not know

Technical Information

OS version: darwin arm64 15.2.0
App version: 0.44.0
Build number: build on 2024-12-16 16:53:50 +0000 UTC at #c04d64d52304c0fe8800032e74e49a7159abdbad (dirty)
Library version: v0.38.7
Anytype Identity: A612cWfFKjs2mKiAJJQfUfaLuw7FBTEFtrk7JgriR1QMN4y2
Analytics ID: Ma6Y2rhMUFyMid9ybCXiQnGaaWk3H2HUXU5AqarjKn1jA6oq
Device ID: 12D3KooWHLsCmBhCWsJ9AcAmbCPFp7uGx2MPowEvJSMY3mVNPW5r


Import complete

At the end of the process I get the following image but the database in Anytype is nowhere to be seen. As the data screenshot shows, something has been imported.

Were you perhaps intending to share some screenshots?

Thank you @Filip , I just attached them.

A collection with all of your imported objects should appear in your Favorites widget. Is this not the case for you?

Hi @Filip thank you for looking into this and sorry for the late reply. I do not see any favourites as the image below shows:

You can add a Favorites Widget by clicking on Add > Favorites in the sidebar:

Hi @Filip thank you. When I click on the + I do not see what you see in your screen:


Any Idea why?

Seems like you are clicking on the plus icon where your spaces are located:

Please click on Add at the bottom of your sidebar instead:

Hi @Filip it worked, thanks. I can see both my imports!!!

Now, there is only one problem. Instead of seeing a proyect with its relations:

and within it an inline database with single tasks:

This is what I see: only a list of tasks:

Then if I click in one of them instead of what I see in Notion:

This is what I see:

How do I replicate the same working environment : projects containing tasks as in the original Notion environment?

Thank you in advance!

Unfortunately, there is no way yet to batch change the layout of objects after they were already created.

To find all of your old Notion properties, you can click on this button in the top right corner:

Hi @Filip thank you so much.

Actually I could understand that this feature is not available yet, however I guess that if all the relations of my tasks were present I could make a filter grouping project tasks under a single project.

Would you deem this realistic?

But after opening the button you suggested on the top right, I cannot see all the properties that should be there (around 20) but only:

Most importantly, I do not see the project relation (nor the status of the task) which would be my minimal need.

I tried to add missing properties using the + button at the bottom, but they appear empty:

Do you know if this could be a bug? If I could ask for help?

How exactly did you import all of these from Notion?

Could you please open your All Objects and check which Notion properties were imported properly, and which weren’t? It would be great if you shared a screenshot of this section as well.

Hi @Filip thanks again!
About your first question: I followed the instructions under File > import to Space > Notion > (followed the step by step guide) and entered the integration token

About your second:










The list spans several pages and the relations look doubled (I believe) because I did the import twice (I deleted one of them some days ago).

So, if you open the (T) Status and Projects relations in Anytype, do any objects show up there? It might just be that some of the objects weren’t imported correctly.