Inline Query View Settings Properties Do Not Refresh

What’s The Bug?

Properties added to a type, do not appear in the view settings of an inline query created before the creation of said property.

How To Reproduce It

  1. Create an inline query.
  2. Edit the type of the object that the inline query is for and add a property.
  3. In the inline query go to Settings > Properties (the newly created property will not appear there)

Image or Video


The Expected Behavior

The available properties linked to the type should be refreshed in the inline query properties.

Device

MacBook Pro

OS

Sequoia 15.5

Anytype Version

0.47.3

Network Mode

AnySync

Technical Information

OS version: darwin arm64 15.5.0
App version: 0.47.3
Build number: build on 2025-06-18 08:30:11 +0000 UTC at #b39bb4b9d12a28b91a1d02b74382113bcff3e017
Library version: v0.41.1
Anytype Identity: A6ibD9jLX8NESELXAeMEdJSzYrPh4ZpRii8LPfMtjPojvgek
Analytics ID: e75a45c2-913e-47a2-b1ae-44505be2de7a
Device ID: 12D3KooWMgh4hGRDunjwYS9vexHmdkcL5vddhb79her9wanogVyL
Ethereum Address: 0xE3dBEb4717aa5a46F30Bd6eee3dd9bbfB61C12F2

What happens if you re-sync the inline query with the source query?

Also, could you please update to the latest app version first?

Hey Filip,

I just updated to the latest version 0.47.6 and the issue persists on my end.
How can I re-sync the inline query with the source query?

Thanks!

Hey, you just need to open this menu and pick the same query again:

Ok that does it.
However that is a workaround, I used to duplicate the query and delete the old one. You can imagine that neither technique is scaleable if I have to do this in every object that has an inline query :S

Unfortunately, that’s an issue with the way current inline queries work. They are not automatically synchronized with the source query.

Neither solution works for me on Linux desktop (0.54.11).

Resync like explained in Inline Query View Settings Properties Do Not Refresh - #4 by Sherman doesn’t make the new property appear and also messes with the build-in query of the chosen type like I described here.

Duplicating the query doesn’t make the new property appear either.

The given ‘solution’ has 3 issues:

  1. it’s not intuitive, days of frustration before I found this topic here
  2. when you re-apply the type, the query layout resets, so ‘wrap content’ turns off.
  3. the applied filters get removed; meaning a lot of work to add them back

This is a really basic functionally to still fix. Should I open another bug ticket for this?