Grouping in Sets

I’d like this too. Really handy feature which I love in airtable

+1 for this, it’s would be such a great visual enhancement, not to mention possible ability to collapse certain groups in sets, to have a better workflow with multiple categories in sets and collections

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?

We would really like finer-grained controls on how to show objects in collections. Currently we use a collection in Grid view to show all open tasks in the company. We would like to group them by Customr, which is one of the properties in our Task type.

All sorting would then occur within each group, and each group (in our case, all tasks for one customr) freely dragged up or down so we can have the most active customrs on top.

Sorting and filtering is not really enough. Currently we use views to represent tasks for 1 custmr, but it’s a lot o clicking instead of scrolling in 1 view, which we would prefer.

That’s another Notion feature that we miss dearly after switching. Not going back though, we like Anytype too much otherwise :slight_smile:

HOW COULD IT BE DONE?

Take a look at Notion groups within database views, that’s pretty much what we need.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

In our daily All Hands meeting (we’re 5 people), we used to scroll the task list in Notion, grouped by customr. Than we would go through the status of a tasks per customr, then move on to the next customr. In each customr group, the tasks would be sorted by priority (High, Medium…) and filtered by status (Done, In progress…)

RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES

Currently we use views to represent tasks for 1 custmr, so a lot of tabs for 1 collection. It works, but its not great.

+1 to this; I think this would be a very helpful feature to implement.

+1, installed Anytype today, and I’m missing the Notion feature of grouping within a set, whilst maintaining parent and or other hierarchies.

curious if theres any update on adding this?

We have it logged as a project in our tracker, but it is of low priority at the moment.

Yes! I would love grouping in sets and list views ‘rubricizing.’ It would help organize my projects, tasks and wiki pages per category or subject.

Grouping would really help boost set / query view functionality. It’s probably nasty to implement because the UI will be different on each platform, screen size and view type, but it would help a lot.

I miss this feature, I would really love it to be implemented.

The ability to group in grid view and sub group in Kanban view is the single thing the has kept me from moving to AnyType from Notion over the past two years. I’ve considered making the change and seeing if I can just create grouped databases as needed in Notion and Airtable… but this is clunky and practically it will just pull me back into using Notion full time.

If I knew this was going to be implement in a year or so, I would just switch and grit my teeth in the meantime. If it will take longer than that I’m going to move on with my life. Can anyone give me a sense of when or if this feature will ever be implemented.

I think you’ll be excited by what we show next. :wink:

I apologise for being cryptic because we’ve been working on Collections 2.0, but in short, the group functionality already exists for the grid layout in our build. But, very importantly, it may not be exactly what you’re expecting.