Hi, I have been using Anytype for more than 6 months. It happened a lot during this time so I will share my thoughts here. I am using Anytype on MacOS.
1. Anytype App
set layout width
and so much more …
Suggestions / wishes (sorted by descending priority)
more views in sets (Timeline/Gantt & Calendar from Notion) - for efficient task management
Style of grid view
Possibility to adjust the font thickness, visibility of rows & column lines and cell hight
Because right now not lot of data can be displayed in grid view
formulas in sets for calculation (same as in Notion)
2. Custom storage location & Allow self-hosting (are already on the roadmap )
3. Diagrams possible (CODA app as example)
4. Tables with unequal number of columns (merging/splitting of cels)
5. LaTex Font size changeable
6. Order in Sidebar of Sets / Favourites etc. changeable
7. Split View on Macbook possible
8. Table of content lights up at current position in the table
9. Writing Styles: more different writing styles (Notion has 3 Styles)
2. Anytype Docs
Helpful webpage with good videos.
It isn’t up to date.
Updates have already changed parts of the tutorial. (ex: relations are deletable)
This is in my opinion precarious. It creates confusion and more work (Q&A), which is preventable by keeping it up to date.
3. Anytype Community
- Communication for updates is way better (with a new update comes a mail & the what’s new page).
Finally the Kanban board with the current roadmap is here (I suggested this 6 months ago…). Thank you very much. It allows a quick & easy overview of what is coming.
Feature Requests & Bug Reports aren’t structured well.
In my opinion reports & requests should go (by filling out a form/template) directly to the team (or a person/admin who sorts them out). So they can create a topic and bundle all further reports/requests with the same content so therefore won’t be multiple.
The community would be able to overview and engage (upvote) the requests/repots a lot easier and no one has to search through all the topics. Right now it’s a little bit of a mess (ex: Gantt / timeline view exists 3x).
This is the reason why I honestly don’t engage with this sections.
As always I will:
- cheer for every new update and test it immediately (if you need a tester I am available)
- honestly fill out any feedback questionnaire you send me
- hope for the best - I am rooting for the Anytype team