Clicking into empty space creates empty newlines

What’s The Bug?

If you click into empty space below text, in a two-column layout, anytype will create a “newline” for each click.

How To Reproduce It

  • watch the demo video

The Expected Behavior

no newlines created

Device

Mac Mini M4 2024

OS

Seqoia 15.1.1

Anytype Version

0.44.0

Network Mode

anysync

Technical Information

OS version: darwin arm64 15.1.1
App version: 0.44.0
Build number: build on 2024-12-16 16:53:50 +0000 UTC at #c04d64d52304c0fe8800032e74e49a7159abdbad (dirty)
Library version: v0.38.7
Anytype Identity: ABRAoHEP1impMW3DyMRAbELnYjV5M27h5JRecNB3KPGi6vLr
Analytics ID: A8MkhLywF2qZjmjdF7NF8GwFa2shiGNZAynUfxNWv6uH5J78
Device ID: 12D3KooWQ333dNmGYeFXPeSw6NrMFLb11fnTCphnWmh5R9xfaNCR

This report has been added to our issue tracker and received by the Development Team.

I think this should be a feature, not a bug.

A feature would fulfill a purpose, and would – hopefully – behave standardized in all situations.

The purpose here is unclear, the added value as well (the workaround of pressing ENTER multiple times is … well, really fast), and the behavior differs between a one-column and a two-column layout.

I would be curious as of how this would be a feature – yet I would not rule it out. For me, this is an irritation, because each click creates basically a page update.