Chat not received and infinite "1 object syncing"

WHAT IS THE BUG
With the latest versions, significant slowdowns have been noticed (opening Anytype, sending files, opening spaces, etc.). The person I’m introducing Anytype to comes from Notion, but she still pointed out the slowdowns!

But now it’s worse: she can’t receive messages in a 1-to-1 chat, even though she can receive mine. An item has been syncing for 20 minutes…

HOW TO REPRODUCE IT
What we did:

  • I left the chat
  • The person sent me a message (to test if we had notifications)
  • I rejoined the chat: no messages and it tried to synchronize unsuccessfully (and without displaying an error, which is also a problem!)

She also left the chat and I sent a message: she received it…
But on my end, I can only see my last messages and not hers. It was working yesterday.

THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR
Working

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
OS version: win32 x64 10.0.26200
App version: 0.54.11-alpha
Build number: build on 2026-03-05 15:27:10 +0000 UTC at #a6df85fac2b9cfd37e998ca30dc0b0663d8919bf
Library version: v0.49.0-rc02
Anytype Identity: A8Mjw7Djy5fXzN9D9oDrMugn9NrXBgbMjt2Q9uYwaecx34KB
Analytics ID: 82e8727c-b570-4dde-afe8-a1dff7c17344
Device ID: 12D3KooWSCsjRKCNwnEcuBktVjiDqZGsnN4PrZpf75ih8g7tY3et
Ethereum Address: 0xb7B96fbEa5cbED1E9C15CdC3d8C8aaFc5004C131

This report has been added to our tracker and received by our team.

Hey, would you mind telling me if the issues have improved since updating to the latest alpha (0.54.13-alpha)?

Could you also share which network modes you and they are using, and whether they are using the same app version as you?

We’re working with AnySync, and we both had the same version (0.54.11-alpha).
(and maybe p2p sometimes, I don’t know if a shared space can be synchronized in p2p when both users are on the same network?)
His message arrived safely… the next day!

And I still have a synchronization in progress.
In my main computer, still a unknow object. In my work computer, in another chat, same problem :

  • two identified objects, a few kb in size (it has been synchronizing for at least 15 minutes…)
  • 3 objects are being synchronized, but the third one is not displayed.

anytype

No change after update to 0.54-13-alpha, after 10mn.

Neither 0.54.16-alpha
(Not sur if the clock icon in the unsent message was already present, but that is the only difference)

Thanks, I’ve forwarded both of these to our dev team.