Back button doesn't work correctly

WHAT IS THE BUG

When you click in the back button in the top bar, it returns you only to the last viewed object.
This is better explained with an example:
Yoy go to Object 1, then to Object 2, and then to Object 3. While beeing in Object 3, press the back button and you will be returned to Object 2. Then, by pressing the back button again, you will go to Object 3, instead of returning to Object 1, as I would expect to do.

Also, I believe that the forward buttoin should behave in the same way.

• Anytype Version:
2 Likes

Could you please make a video recording of this behavior?

you can’t reproduce it?

Yes, I noticed this too. Clicking back button just makes jumping between the last two objects.

What’s more, the forward button seems to be gray all the time.

2 Likes

Not sure what I did the last time, but I can definitely reproduce this (now)! Thanks for reporting :slight_smile:

@gdbb could you create a separate bug report for the gray forward button? I have the same issue in 0.29.1.

2 Likes

This issue has been added to our issue tracker and was received by the Development Team.

1 Like

Fixed, thanks

2 Likes

Thanks to you! :grinning:

1 Like

This issue has been fixed by the Development Team and will be included in an upcoming release.

1 Like

I have this issue today also on v0.29.1. When is the next release with a fix planned?

1 Like

@marko Thanks for your confirmation and welcome to the Community!

This fix will arrive in the Next Release, as is indicated in the Tag at the top of this Topic. Meaning it’s already fixed, just needs to be implemented. New versions of Anytype are delivered on a monthly basis, but sometimes we have release delays if a large project is underway, as is currently the case with *Relations as an Object…which can result in fix deliveries being delayed.

2 Likes

Thank you! Good to know about the release process, so thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This seems to be fixed in the current release (0.30.0).

Yes, seems to be fixed. Although, if you enter in the version history, and then press current version, the loop still happens.

1 Like

@Angelo Can confirm what @Kite wrote.

1 Like

This issue has been fixed by the Development Team and will be implemented in an upcoming release.

Ok, I’ve updated the issue, thanks @Kite & @Flip

3 Likes

This issue has been fixed by the Development Team and will be implemented in an upcoming release.

2 Likes