Automated Exports? Via CLI?

What do you need help with?

Hey, we have an export feature within the UI client. I’m looking for a way tho to automate exports, like hourly or daily. So it would be amazing to do it via CLI or write a script which can do that.
Unfortunately the clients are all based on UI and therefore not headless. It would be cool to interact with anytype via code.

Why I am asking is that I want to build a RAG around my anytype knowledge base. So that an LLM can access the knowledge as context. In order to do that I’d need to export the content in some way. Exporting manually is not real fun. I want to build a pipeline which reads the (automated, hourly) export and puts it into a vector storage from which an LLM is reading.

Anyone did something like this? Or has ideas how to automate the export?

Love

OS

Anytype Version

Network Mode

Technical Information

Okay, eventually I’ve found an existing thread:

We very soon we introduce API and MCP, so it would simplify things. Overall we have plans to add a RAG functionality in the app.

Hi @anton
Thanks for your reply! I’m looking into connecting AI with Anytype, but before I do, having a space-wide version control feature is super important to monitor (or rollback) AI actions. Alternatively, an automatic daily backup would be an excellent safety net to let me revert to a previous stable version.