Applying layout to object of certain type

What do you need help with?

As far as I understood, I am creating an object, assigning a type to it and choose one of the layouts. Although I have a type with a layout, I am not able to apply the layout or to switch between layouts.

What did I miss?

OS

Android, Windows

Anytype Version

latest

Network Mode

all

Technical Information

Does not work on any platform …

Layouts are tied to types. Besides switching to a different type with a different layout, there’s no way to switch between layouts. Perhaps you are referring to templates?

Sorry for confusing the names, I were referring to “templates” and not “layout type”.

  • My type has templates.

  • The templates specify different structures for my type.

  • I want to manually apply a template to all my objects at once.

  • I understood that it is not possible (yet) to have changes of the template instantly reflected in the objects.

How can I apply a template to one or many or all objects of that type?

It is currently not possible to apply templates:

I really hope that this feature will come soon - because it is quite useless to have static templates and not even being able to (re)apply them. Is there a way to vote this feature request up?