Apostrophe Activates Inline Code

WHAT IS THE BUG

Multiple apostrophes cannot be used in the same block without activating inline code. Typically, the markdown keys for enabling inline code tend to be reserved for backticks. I believe this functionality to be unnecessarily extended to simple apostrophes, which may be used many times in the same block for basic grammatical reasons.

HOW TO REPRODUCE IT

THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

Inline code is not activated, allowing users to proceed writing as normal.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

iOS 16.5
  • Anytype Version:
    v.0.22.1

Can confirm this.
On Desktop it’s working correct, as the normal apostroph is not used for markdown there.

This report has been added to our issue tracker and received by the Development Team.

I’m experiencing this and it makes the mobile app completely unusable :pensive: cannot write notes at all.

1 Like

@raph I know. It really is impossible to do any form of writing on mobile without constantly hitting a wall. It’s extraordinary that this glaring issue hasn’t been fixed by now, given that I first brought it to the team’s attention in the Telegram group early February of this year.

1 Like

I understand that some issues can be a problem. Though things can get burried fast i a telegram group with more than 3500 users. It’s always mentioned there, that this forum is the way to get info to the devs.

The bug report is open and in the teams issue tracker, so we are on the best way.

3 Likes

This fix should be shipped in the next release!

This issue has been fixed by the Development Team and will be implemented in an upcoming release.