Android 50.2 Not full width in either Portrait or Landscape (Galaxy Tab A9)

Notion convert, getting to grips with AnyType. Was excited to see 50.2 finally had Landscape mode but not only is it not effective, it’s also messed up Portrait mode.

WHAT IS THE BUG

I’ve upgraded to Android 50.2. In a page that’s Full Width on Desktop and was full width on Android in Portrait, this is now about 75% width on Android on Portrait and about 50% width on Landscape so it’s actually made the experience worse as now Portrait mode is difficult to use too.

Interestingly, it only seems to affect Objects. Query pages are full width in both orientations.

HOW TO REPRODUCE IT

Outline the steps needed to reproduce the behavior in sequence:

  1. Install 50.2 on a Galaxy Tab A9

  2. Test a Full Width object in both modes

THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

I expect the page to be full width in both orientations.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

Tab A9
Desktop: 0.57.0
Mobile: Android 50.2

Just to flag this is still an issue in 50.3.

Thanks for reporting, I’ll share this with the team.