WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?
Sometimes, when I open a Page, I see that it backlinks to a wrong or unwanted Collection.
Unfortunately there is no way to delete such an unwanted connection (backlink).
Not in the Page itself, not in the Flow, not in a View, does any way exist to remove such backlinks.
Only existing way is to open the backlinked Collection, manually find the Page there and then unlink it there from that Collection. That’s very cumbersome!
HOW COULD IT BE DONE?
A right click on the backlink should offer the option to remove that connection.
REAL WORLD USE CASES
See above.
I have to put up with this nuisance nearly every day.
It costs so much time to bring this in order!
RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES
–
ADDITIONAL CONTEXT
If you do a right click on a backlink, the options menu actually offers the option “Move to Bin”.
But choosing that does the most possible idiotic thing: it does exactly what the name says (but what surely no one really wants): it moves the target of that backlink (in most cases: a Collection) to the bin!!! ![]()
I’m sure, no one wants to delete a Collection from here!
If the team thinks different, then there should be at least:
- A tooltip that explains what the option really does.
- A warning: “Do you really want to move [name of the target] to the bin?”
Without such a warning it can quickly happen that the user accidentally trashes a relevant part of his structure!