All data after April 30 lost after updating to 0.55.4

What do you need help with?

After updating to 0.55.4, all data created or modified in May is missing.

Additional Context

I had Anytype open right before the update and everything looked normal. After the update, I can’t see any objects created after 2026-04-30.

My vault resides on a OneDrive folder (with “always keep on the device” on), and this has worked fine for months.

I have a p2p-synced copy on my mobile, which has all (?) changes until 2026-05-08 (last Friday), but local sync is inherently unreliable inside the corporate network I’m in most of the day. Moreover, I’m not sure if the latest data is synced over to my laptop when the two Anytype instances happen to see each other again, or whether the sync rather wipes out the May data on my mobile as well.

Is there any chance that the missing data is still somewhere around? And how would I restore it then?

OS

Windows 11

Anytype Version

v0.55.4

Network Mode

Self-Hosted

Technical Information

OS-Version: win32 x64 10.0.26100
App-Version: 0.55.4
Versionsnummer: build on 2026-05-04 16:31:34 +0000 UTC at #545ed723e3e227b1f0906ec57aaf4adea24d06ec
Bibliotheksversion: v0.50.4
Anytype-ID: A7LG5FwJN9b5vvAYo3m7yjqWYfnxKr3DDaFhcZZgioNMMwX4
Analytics-ID: MaPDKYQLvaLBdX5v8c5nkyE7Rim47Dgzd7P1WKPfuAfdpBBV
Geräte-ID: 12D3KooWGYqaiXujwbr3AXNVpe85TGdVYBTUzhQRPPyWLvne1BzB
Ethereum-Adresse: 0xBec57B9beDb036510849Acc1086593fbd5475331

Thank you for reaching out. Our team will follow up shortly.

Update: p2p sync brought back the data up to Friday. :relieved_face:

Glad to hear that p2p brought your data back up until Friday.

Because you’re self hosted, using p2p, and have a custom vault setup, I suggest that you always export your spaces periodically as a backup—especially before any version update. This will minimise the blast radius for issues you experience. You’re not connected to the Any Network, so there will be little help available should a large issue arise.