After Update, Laptop switched to network sync, but mobile still on local only

What do you need help with?

After the update applied to my phone and computer, my computer switched to Network Sync (already discussed and addressed in another post), but now my android app is still stuck on Local Only mode and not syncing to my laptop.

I’ve chosen to not revert back to local only mode - but how do I sync my phone to my laptop now? As there is no way to revert it without logging out of Vault am I correct? I’ve added a good few things to my space since my devices last synced so just worried re data loss. Is there anyway I can switch over my Vault so the non local only setting without losing the unsynced data?

OS

N/A

Anytype Version

Most recent update on both

Network Mode

Anysync on laptop, Local only on mobile

Technical Information

N/A

Can anyone help w this and advise what to do

thanks

Hey, sorry for the delay. I’ve checked with our engineering team and will get back to you with the safest migration path for you.

Hello @jojo

I’m trying to reproduce your situation. I’ll come back with a solution soon

@jojo

  1. I created a new account in local-only mode on Desktop
  2. Logged in on iPhone connected to the same local network
  3. Wrote some text on Desktop → text was synced with an iPhone app
  4. Changed network mode on Desktop to Any-sync
  5. Wrote some text on iPhone
  6. New text appeared on Desktop.

So the two applications operate in different network modes, but they’re still connected via P2P so they should sync without any problems. Please check if your changes were synced from a phone to your desktop. If it’s not the case, try to close a phone app and open it again. You can also do some simple test, like create a new object on your phone and check if it’s appeared on your desktop

Also I conducted a small experiment with changing network mode on iPhone.

  1. I closed a Desktop app to make sure that there is no devices in a P2P network
  2. Create a new page on the phone
  3. Logged out from the phone app
  4. Changed network mode to Any-sync
  5. Logged in
  6. My new page is still here

This is possible because your data is stored locally on a device. But just in case I had to check it before recommending any actions to you.

So try these steps first

  1. Check if your devices are on the same local network. In each app you should see that your app have connection with other devices. An example from the desktop app:

  2. If no device is connected, try to restart the phone app

  3. Check if new changes from your phone are synchronized to the desktop app

  4. You can safely change network mode by logging out, changing the setting on login screen and loggin in

Sorry for the delay in reply,

Thank you this worked - I should have tried this first