Angelo
August 23, 2024, 3:16pm
2
Hi @lelouch19 and welcome to the community!
You’re describing transclusion , and no it’s not possible to link or reference specific points on a page yet. There are quite a few feature requests for this you can vote for:
Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
I was writing a page in Anytype that was deeply nested inside other pages and couldn’t be accessed easily other than searching for it by name. I was finishing up my work and wanted to create tasks for tomorrow when I realized that in order to find those tasks, I would need to search for the page and then locate the task. There wasn’t an easier option to locate those tasks on the main page (from the dashboard). The only option there …
Disclaimer: I’m posting this as a “Feature Request”, but it’s really a mix of things. Mods, feel free to move it! I don’t really expect the suggestions below to be considered at face value. They’re mostly a way for me to communicate my needs/confusion/thoughts as a new user.
I love the idea of complex systems built using very simple parts. I’m glad Anytype takes this approach, by stating that “everything is an Object”. However, I’m wondering two things.
“Problem” 1
First, the name “Objects”. …
Also relevant, as hopefully linking will be part of this feature already on our roadmap :
In Anytype and Notion, “toggle” is currently implemented as a type of list. This means I can only ever have the default text size for a toggle and it creates a needlessly limited use case. In other words, the utility of the collapse function is not limited to list-based uses. The ability to collapse contents is extremely useful and would ideally be a feature of all (or most) block types, in my opinion.
If you look at other systems that use blocks, such as Roam, every block can be collapsed. Thi…