What are you listening to lately?

Hey everyone, I thought I’d start up one of those classic “What are you listening to?” music sharing threads. I figure the Anytype community is diverse, passionate, and clearly has good taste, so hopefully this thread will surface some new discoveries for many of us! :notes: :sparkles:

My music taste is kind of all over the map, from classic rock to ambient to (semi-)mainstream pop, grunge and rock, jazz and blues, and many more. I hope to add to this thread later, but here are a few I’ve been enjoying lately that I thought I’d start with.

First and most recently, this absolute jam from Perfume Genius.

And for working, I recently found Lofi Girl, hardly obscure, but for me so good for keeping in the background while I get stuff done. This is one never-ending stream, but there are also short-from albums that are released regularly with similar stuff.

Then there’s Son Little, who has a unique blues-rock sound and an unusual voice that I really enjoy, from the more subdued to the more intense in his range. Here’s a whole album, streaming in YT.

And finally, sharing some similarities to Son Little in his quieter moments, I recently discovered this Tiny Desk show from Joy Oladokun, who has quite a beautiful voice. Maybe not everyone’s tastes, but I hope some of you connect with this one like I did.

So, what are you listening to lately?

5 Likes

Thank you @Oshyan
The dancing performance of Perfume Genius video clip was artistically pleasing.
Except for Lofi Girl that was not really made for pleasure, more for focusing, I’ve discover and really enjoyed all your recommendation, especially Joy Oladokun! :pray:t2:

So here is my turn, this music seems to come from another time, but was actually recently released. The music band twisting this genre with a sulphuric folklore. Do not rely on the cover, really.

Here is a cosmic one from France that I can’t help but listen to again and again.

I hope you’ll enjoy too.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s fun! Definitely has that retro sound, you’d never know it was modern. Reminds me a bit of Shannon and the Clams, who are a local band (to where I am in the San Francisco area) that I really enjoy as well.

Sharing music with videos can be a whole different vibe, hah. In most cases I’ve never watched these videos as I just use a streaming music service, so I’m discovering things in the sharing too. Sometimes it makes the song feel very different!

This is also great, that sultry voice. Nice picks! I see you also have eclectic taste. :blush:

2 Likes

So here are my picks for “what are you listening to” :slight_smile:

Recently I listened a lot to Duster, their songs always play in tune with my mood, a bit dreamy, a bit sad.

Also I am a fan of Dean Blunt, you can check his other stuff like Babyfather or Hype Williams, a lot of synths and strange samples

If you are up to some dub - check out Scientist. He has a ton of different albums all of which are cool, you most probably heard him if you played GTA 3 (K-Jah radio)

Recently was impressed by this album - Space Afrika (Honest Labour)

Some Russian contemporary electronic music. Also really recommend checking https://gostzvuk.bandcamp.com, you’ll find many interesting artists there which you have never heard about (probably)

And finally this album is very dear to my heart

5 Likes

Something related to what Anytype is concerned with:

1 Like

Been listening to Disney’s Encanto songs lately :joy: